"To preserve the reputation of the Fraternity unsullied must be your constant care."

BE A FREEMASON

Sunday, December 17, 2006

December Madness


December is halfway over, and Hodapphaus is overwhelmed. Between some personal challenges, the wrapping up of Solomon's Builders, the first deadlines for a new book, several speeches around the midwest, along with the usual Masonic madness that comes in December, combined with the Christmas season, January can only be an improvement.

My two years as Master of Lodge Vitruvian No. 767are coming to an end, and I am proud and honored to pass the gavel to Brother Phillip A. Garver. Phillip is an endlessly fascinating gentleman with an impressive and extensive background in religion, philosophy, history and initiatic societies, and we are all looking forward to the coming year working under his leadership.

I would also like to publicly thank Wbro. Dale Adams, PM who is moving to the Senior Warden's position, and to Wbro. W. Keith Stiner, PM, our new Junior Warden. Wbro. Timothy R. Brinkmeyer, PM, will be our Chaplain. I will move to the Treasurer's chair, and Wbro. Nathan Brindle, PM, will remain in the Secretary's position. Nathan and I have been friends for nearly thirty years, and I am eternally grateful for the many unsung things he does behind the scenes at both Lodge Vitruvian and Broad Ripple Lodge No. 643.

Serving as Vitruvian's Master for two years has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. It is interesting to note that had it not been for my association with this lodge, the events of the last four years of my life would have been very different, and undoubtedly I would not have had the opportunity to make the very unexpected career move as an author. I value the friendships I have made in all of my lodges, and I am proud to be associated with all of my brethren. But Vitruvian will always hold a special place in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION!
SIGN YOUR NAME OR OTHERWISE IDENTIFY YOURSELF IN YOUR COMMENT POSTS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A GOOGLE ACCOUNT.
Your comments will not appear immediately because I am forced to laboriously screen every post. I'm constantly bombarded with spam. Depending on the comments being made, anonymous postings on Masonic topics may be regarded with the same status as cowans and eavesdroppers, as far as I am concerned. If you post with an unknown or anonymous account, do not automatically expect to see your comment appear.